Portsmouth International Port – Local Notice to Mariners No.
Dated 7th December 2018
Seabed Works and Dredging - Berth 2 - Portsmouth
Cruise and Ferry Port.
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN by the Harbour Master of Portsmouth International
Port that from 10th December 2018 over a period of approximately 16 weeks,
the seabed protection mats will be lifted and the berth will be dredged before
the seabed protection mats are replaced in the area shown below.
- The Works will involve diving operations and marine plant comprising of
work boats, barges and dredgers.
- The berth will be opened on occasion during the works to allow for preselected
and agreed berthing operations, during the rest of the time the berth
will remained closed to commercial vessels to allow the works to be progressed.
- Mariners should navigate with due caution in the vicinity of the area and
have due regard to their wash when passing the works.
- Updates on the progress of the works and or berthing advice can be obtained
from "Portsmouth Harbour Radio" on VHF 11 or by telephone 023 92
- Cancel this notice upon completion of the works or 30th April 2019.
Captain Rupert Taylor
Portsmouth International Port