REPORTING DAMAGE OR INCIDENTS
- The Queens Harbour Master Portsmouth hereby gives notice of the
following Direction hereby made under schedule 1 paragraph 1 (1) of the
Dockyard Port of Portsmouth Order 2005, that any incident that reflects on
the safe operation of the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth is to be reported immediately
to the Queen's Harbour Master. Such incidents are considered to be those that
- Damage to vessels.
- Movement of or damage to navigational marks.
- Damage to shore facilities whether or not affecting the use of such
installations by other vessels.
- Close quarter situations between two or more vessels, which results
in emergency action on the part of the vessels involved.
- In these circumstances an immediate report is to be made to the Queen's
Harbour Master, on VHF Ch 11/13 or by telephoning 023 92 723694. A written
report may also be requested and can be submitted on QHM website www.qhm.mod.uk/portsmouth
. Any incident resulting in damage to a commercial installation should also
be reported to the Harbour Master, Portsmouth International Port on 023 92