Keep Clear of Warships Alongside or at Anchor
- Mariners are advised that the Queens Harbour Mater Portsmouth has
made the following General Direction under the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth
- No vessel shall, without the permission of the Queens Harbour Master,
- Within 50 metres of any of Her Majestys vessels or foreign warships
or auxiliaries alongside any Crown Establishment or which is at anchor,
a buoy or a mooring within the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth.
- Within 50 metres of the walls, slipways and boundaries of any Crown
Establishments, except small boats using the Small Boat Channel (see General
Direction 07/10) who will need to pass close to Fort Blockhouse in the
- Within 100 metres of any submarine alongside in any Crown Establishment
or which is at anchor, a buoy or a mooring within the Dockyard Port at
- Additionally, the Queens Harbour Master may designate a larger
exclusion zone for special purpose vessels alongside or at anchor when
circumstances dictate. This will be promulgated by Local Notice to Mariners
if time permits, or alternatively by broadcast on VHF Channel 11.
- Contravention of this General Direction is a criminal offence. Offenders
will be prosecuted and can be fined.
- General Direction 03/11 is hereby cancelled.