This Safety Policy covers the marine operations within the jurisdiction of Portsmouth International Port and Portsmouth Competent Harbour Authority. The following commitments are made:.
- To manage the assets of the Port safely and efficiently.
- To discharge the duties and powers given by government in a safe and proper manner.
- To maintain relevant harbour equipment to agreed industry standards.
- To recruit and train relevant operational staff to nationally agreed competence levels.
- To ensure that Port staff are properly trained for emergencies and contingencies.
- To promote a positive safety culture, fostered by the active leadership of senior management.
- To motivate and empower staff to work safely.
- To encourage effective staff involvement and participation in Port safety policies and procedures.
- To promote competence and effective communication with staff.